More of my favorites...

Friday, October 15, 2010

Save the Tatas

Last night at work was our Save the Tatas fundraiser.  I work part-time at Color Me Mine which is a paint-your-own ceramics shop.  Soooo, I rounded up the girls, bought a few bottles of wine, and we went to town painting, drinking, binging on my pumpkin whoopie pies - which were sinfully good - and chatting.  Proceeds for the night are going to the Save the Tatas Foundation for Breast Cancer Research.  Our little business raised $684!  Pretty good I'd say for the first year!



The girls and me - VERY bad hair day for me.

Also included in the night of entertainment was a silent auction.  My mom Sara threw together a few beautiful baskets, and I contributed my infamous caramels.  Typically a once-a-year holiday favorite, I obliged to Julie's - the owner of Color Me Mine - request.  Caramels, though they are delicious, certainly are not my favorite to make.  They are quite labor-intensive, involving lots of stirring.

The first year I made them I ate an unimaginable amount.  My caramels have just never tasted the same to me after that year.  The following few years I wasn't able to eat any, having OD-ed on them the first year.  They are everyone else's favorites, though, and make excellent  holiday gifts!

They were auctioned off at $30 - craziness!  I was worried I would get one lame bidder.


Warmly,

Katie

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely surprise to find a blog written by one of my favorite people! Perhaps, I will be come a bit more domestic after reading each post!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete