More of my favorites...

Saturday, October 23, 2010

A much-more-than-I-bargained-for night in the kitchen

I am a sucker for treats that mix the sweet and the salty - i.e. Take Five bars.  So when I came across a recipe for chocolate-covered popcorn topped with sea salt I thought, Mmmmmm. Now that's gotta be good.  Seeing as I needed to provide a snack for a meeting that I had the next day, I figured this recipe would be a quick and easy one.

Boy, was I WRONG.  My stepmom Debbie can attest to this, as I was at her house during the madness.  First I popped the popcorn, which was everywhere except where I wanted it to be - very unmanageable  because there was so much of it.  Then there were three failed attempts at melting the chocolate chips, which, by the way, has never happened to me.  The problem, I finally figured out, was the butter that I was melting with it.  This still doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. 

Anyhow, fourth time was the charm; I finally got it.  The irony though, is that I decided against making cookies to save time, and it took me longer to make the popcorn!  Go figure.

It tasted good, though!  See my "recipes" page on the right for the recipe!

Cheers,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment