More of my favorites...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The best way to start your morning - or mine at least

Teri (a woman that I work with) and I were chatting one day at Color Me Mine about baking, etc. and a customer - having overheard my conversation - approached and filled me in on a little something.  She is part of a professional organization that gives women who work in the food and hospitality industry a chance to network with one another.  Of course I was so thrilled to hear that such an organization even exists!

I went to my first meeting yesterday for Women Who Really Cook at William-Sonoma in the Galleria, which, by the way, is a FANTASTIC store if I have ever seen one.

I walked in and was immediately offered espresso which I accepted without hesitation, of course.  There were pumpkin waffles cookin', donuts, and muffins.  And that wasn't even the best part.  Everyone was so incredibly welcoming and friendly, easily jumping in to conversation and eager to get to know me.  I made some excellent connections (knock on wood), but I don't really want to elaborate much more.  I don't consider myself superstitious, but I don't want to jynx it!

Needless to say,  all of the women were inspiring!

Cheers,

Katie

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the networking-it takes some bravery to go into a room where you know no one!

    ReplyDelete