More of my favorites...

Sunday, October 31, 2010

A long awaited wine night

Ever since I moved in to my apartment I have been so excited to host a gathering.  Last Friday night was wine night at my place.  I had almost as much fun preparing for it as I did actually hosting the party.  Friday afternoon I hopped on my bike and hit up Surdyk's in Northeast.  What a FANTASTIC experience!  I tasted a little wine and found a great red - not too heavy - AND it's Spanish, even better.  I have never been a big red fan, but this week I have suddenly started to love it! 

I also stopped by the cheese shop.  The guy helping me was so patient;  I was so indecisive and probably tried about eight cheeses.  I splurged a bit and bought some delicious Gouda and my favorite crackers - Carr's whole wheat crackers.  They taste like cookies!  To make it even better Surdyk's even has an espresso bar in their cheese shop (and plenty of chocolate)!

Cleaning ensued when I got home.  Last minute I decided to bake a batch of pumpkin bread - I even had a pumpkin shaped pan to bake it in!  When the gals arrived - in costume, I might add - I made a batch of popcorn on the stove.  Nothing too grandiose for my first party;  it was all about the wine that night!





No one can quite rock Marilyn Monroe like Megan Warner.

Of course I went as a baker.  It was more that I had NOTHING else to wear, though, and of course I had a wooden spoon to stick in my hair and some flour to throw on my face.

Fun fun.

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment