More of my favorites...

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Moose & Sadie's oatmeal buttermilk pancake

This morning Emily and I decided to go to breakfast as we did yesterday as well.  I have mentioned before that my girlfriends' and my 'thing' is to go out for a great breakfast, and we are always looking for something new.

Yesterday was Patisserie 46, which you already know is my favorite.  Have you tried it yet?!  What did you get?!

Today we ventured to the North Loop neighborhood in the warehouse district downtown.  Now that  is truly a hidden gem.  You would never expect so many great restaurants and cafes to be nestled in amongst all of the warehouses.

The cafe is Moose & Sadie's.  The breakfast item:  an oatmeal buttermilk pancake, drizzled with yogurt and topped with a pile of juicy blackberries.

This was the best pancake I have ever had in my entire life.

The cafe is adorable, and it looks like a cafe you'd find in New York City.  Actually, for a moment I felt like I was in NYC.  Very soho-esque.  And I almost forgot to mention an added bonus.  They brew Peace coffee, which is my favorite, and even better because it is local and fair trade!

Wish I had a picture, but here is a link to the website

Cheers,

KCK

No comments:

Post a Comment