More of my favorites...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's a doll party!

Every Saturday morning this month at Color Me Mine (my place of employment), we will be hosting a "paint with your doll" party, in which little girls can come in to paint with their favorite dolls.  Quite adorable, really.

I was fortunate enough to have been hired to plan a theme for each party and provide complementary treats - that of course match the theme!

Everything PINK was last weekend's theme.  And thank goodness they are girl parties.  Being a girlie girl myself, girlie parties are always more fun (and easier) to plan.

Recently I discovered the baking aisle in Michael's.  How perfect!  You can find so many creative accessories to fulfill all of your baking needs!  I have a feeling that this aisle could potentially become very dangerous for me...

So I ventured to Michael's in search of anything and everything pink.  I immediately saw a bag of hot pink gumballs...then pink glitter...then pink sprinkles...and then to throw in a bit of glitz and glamour, I went crazy and bought silver sprinkles!

Now what was I possibly going to do with all of this fabulous pink edible decor?





Here you have it.  Fabulous (and delicious) cupcakes and white chocolate-dipped pretzels, both decorated to the nines, of course.

Now I will let you in on a little secret, one that I am a bit ashamed to admit.  The yellow cupcakes were made FROM A BOX.  Yes, yes, I can hear the sighs of disappointment.  But, seriously.  No one can deny the deliciousness of a box-yellow cake.  And any little girl wasn't going to notice or care.  The important part is that they looked adorable. AND girlie.

White chocolate-dipped pretzels?  So easy, and a perfect balance of salty and sweet.  Totally killer.  But there is one secret to making these, and I will share it with you.  When melting the white chocolate, it is so important to melt it slowly so as not to burn the chocolate.  Microwave a bag of white chocolate chips at 70% power at 30 second increments, stirring in between.  Dip the pretzels, give them a good shake, set them on a piece of wax paper, and sprinkle immediately so the white chocolate doesn't harden.



AND, the most exciting part for me was that I made my first batch of business cards!  Not totally sure if anyone took one, but I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Cheers,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment