More of my favorites...

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

(jumbo) Cupcakes!

Hello friends! 

Yesterday, feeling inspired, I decided to bake cupcakes to share with my co-workers today.  You all know my opinion on cupcakes (and muffins):  why make standard when you can make jumbo?!  So jumbo brown-sugar vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting it was.

I am not sure why I was inclined to make white cupcakes with white frosting - kind of boring, and I am such a chocolate girl!  But I wanted to try making white cake from scratch, and the last time (and only other time) I did was in high school.

Sooo, I found a recipe for vanilla brown sugar cupcakes on a sassy blog called Cheeky Kitchen.

Click here for the recipe.

I used my own recipe for buttercream frosting.  To make the frosting, combine 1/3 C butter, 3 C powdered sugar, 2 T milk, and 1-1/2 t vanilla extract.  Beat until mixed thoroughly.  If the frosting is too thick, add milk a little bit at a time until desired consistency.





This is the BEST frosting you will ever have.

How did the cupcakes turn out, you may ask?





Pretty!

The batter was very dense, and so were the cupcakes.  They turned out more like cupcake-muffins and weren't as sweet as I expected them to be. BUT, paired with the sweet frosting the cupcakes were really quite good.

And let me tell you, it was quite the ordeal getting them to the office.  My car was towed this morning. UGH!!!  To make my morning better I treated myself to a very large latte with extra espresso.  So there I was, trudging to the impound lot, latte and large box of cupcakes in hand.  I suppose it was worth it.  I received many complements on how cute they were.  One of my co-workers emailed me after I left, "EXCELLENT CUPCAKES!!!"

Much baking and entertaining soon to come, so stay tuned!

Merry Christmas!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment