More of my favorites...

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hot buttered rum

Now how many of you are familiar with Harry Potter?  Most, I would guess.  All of you fans, then, know about the famous butterbeer that Harry and friends drink when they venture to Hogsmeade.  I have always thought,  That sounds so delicious!  If only there were something like it in real life! 

When my stepmom Debbie started making hot buttered rum on Christmas night, I immediately thought of butterbeer and was so excited to try it!  (My mom thinks that butterbeer would be more like cream soda, but I would have to disagree - boring!)

How lovely it sounds to curl up with a blanket in front of the fireplace with a book and a warm cup of hot buttered rum.  What a perfect night that would be indeed.

Hot buttered rum

Serves about 12

1 stick butter, softened
2 C light brown sugar
1 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
Dark rum
Boiling water

First, look how cute my little bro Carter is.  He is just about to turn two, and he learned how to skate that day!



Now, add butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to a mixing bowl.


Beat until well mixed.



Pack mixture to the bottom of the bowl.



Boil a pot of water over the stove.

While the water boils, add about 2 tablespoons of your butter and brown sugar mixture to a mug with 2 shots of dark rum.



Once the water boils, fill the rest of the mug with hot water.



Super easy, right?!  And mighty delicious as well.

Enjoy a cup on a cold and wintery night!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment