More of my favorites...

Monday, May 30, 2011

Birchwood Cafe - Good Real Food.

It has been so long since I last blogged, I almost forgot how to do it!

Yesterday Emily, the newest addition to our apartment (Rachael moved out, Emily moved in), and I took a lovely bike ride along West River Parkway and ended up at Birchwood Cafe in Seward.  It was the second time I have been to Birchwood, but the first time eating brunch at the cafe.


BirchwoodView.JPG.jpg



Reason one why I love Birchwood:

IT IS A TOTAL BIKER'S HAVEN.  Not necessarily a hard-core biker's haven - because I will tell you I am not quite a hard-core biker - but rather a leisure biker's hang-out.



Birchwood Cafe.jpg



Reason two why I love Birchwood:

It is home to the very best veggie burger I have ever had - the Black Bean Quinoa Burger.

Reason three why I love Birchwood:

They focus on using local, sustainable, organic, and fair-trade ingredients whenever possible.  I am not a total nut about ONLY eating local, sustainable, organic, and fair-trade food; but it is a good reason to support the restaurant, and it tastes like real food.

I find that the problem with brunch, for me, is that I typically have to choose between sweet and savory, which is always a dilemma, as I usually want both.  Yesterday, though, was hands down a sweet morning, so I ordered the Berry Vanilla French Toast.

The presentation was incredibly impressive.  The french toast was topped with a very large scoop of homemade whipped cream; strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries; honey-glazed almonds; and maple syrup.  Could it have been any sweeter?  I don't really think so, but I ate every last bite.  Pure deliciousness.




Cheers!

KCK

No comments:

Post a Comment