More of my favorites...

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blair's birthday bash

My baby sister Blair turned seventeen a few weeks ago (what a delayed post!).  I can't believe that my youngest sister is now seventeen!  And I am not even one to get emotional!

It is a birthday tradition in my family that on our birthday we get to choose what we want for dinner and dessert.  (One year [in elementary school, I'll have you know] I requested Old Country Buffet [EWWW!]...That outing never happened...I wonder why?!

This year Blair requested Big Bowl's Kung Pao stir fry.  I have blogged about it before - you can find the recipe here.  Three huge batches and we had ourselves a feast!


This recipe is so great for entertaining because it is so easy to make a huge batch.  AND it's always a crowd pleaser.

Poor Biggy (that is what we call Blair)  had mono!  Poor thing was so sick she could hardly enjoy the big feast!

She requested this for her cake:



Now I know what you are thinking, and YES!  I did make the cake and decorated it myself!!!





Yeah...right.  The cake was from Byerly's and so incredibly delicious.  Blair goes to the zoo school - the School of Environmental Studies - which explains the zoo theme.  Very cute.

And here is the beautiful birthday girl herself!





Cheers, ya'll!

KCK

No comments:

Post a Comment