More of my favorites...

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Good eats in the TC

It's been quite awhile since I've written about all of the fantastic food available in the Twin Cities, and I think now is the time to jot down a few good eats. I consider myself one who is very familiar with the restaurant scene in the Twin Cities, and I'm always eager to try the latest restaurants (they're popping up like mad these days). Yet it never ceases to amaze me that my list seems only to get longer as opposed to getting shorter.

Bar La Grassa
This is a MUST go. Hard to believe I hadn't been until last weekend. My beau Teddy was in town, so we went on his first night in the cities, per his mom's suggestion. The restaurant is sexy and sophisticated - great place for a hot date or a night on the town with girlfriends. And the food is incredible. We shared three small plates: soft eggs and lobster bruschetta, crab ravioli, and seared sea scallops with black rice and gremolata. Everyone I've talked to insists on the soft eggs and lobster bruschetta, and I would insist on it too. It was Teddy's favorite. The crab ravioli, made fresh in house, will melt in your mouth. My fave was the sea scallops. The scallops burst in your mouth with buttery flavor, and the unexpected combo with black rice is perfect.

Eli's Northeast
Teddy and I went to Eli's new location in Northeast (a rumored hotspot for TC chefs after a night on the job) for a late bite one Sunday evening. The dark mahogany booths and warm decor are incredibly inviting, and the jazzy music playing in the background "took me back" to the 1920's. The food was great, too. Teddy still talks about the jalapeno BLT he ordered. I had a turkey and brie sandwich, which was buttery and fresh and totally satisfying. A casual place to relax with a cocktail and some good American cuisine.

The Lowry
A sleek urban diner, I'd say, with darn good diner food specializing in burgers, whiskey, oysters, and eggs. The best cure for my Saturday morning hangover: a bacon cheeseburger with fried shallots and BBQ sauce at 10 a.m. This was the FIRST time I had indulged in a bacon cheeseburger, and my mouth still waters just thinking about it.

Tell me, what are your fave TC spots?!



KCK

No comments:

Post a Comment