More of my favorites...

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mark's 50th birthday extravaganza

My stepdad Mark recently turned 50.



Here's a pic of the b-day boy himself!  I photoshopped his face on to this macho motorcycle man (Mark owns a Harley) for his birthday card.

For his 50th birthday extravaganza we hosted a large group of family and friends at our cabin.  The weekend will go down as one of the best of the summer - no doubt about it.  Not only did my mom provide phenomenal food, particularly for Mark's birthday dinner, but the weather was absolutely pristine.  We spent tons of time on and in the lake (which, by the way, is the color of my hair because of the iron ore in it), and I successfully water-skiied for the first time since fourth grade!  Supa fun!






My hair is looking particularly smashing in this photo, wouldn't you say?  Yeah, right.  I wish.

I jumped at the chance to provide a "sweets display," as I like to call it, for the celebration.  It was hardly a grandiose display, but everyone definitely indulged, especially me!


Clockwise from top left:  Cake balls,  mini fruit pizzas (recipe soon to come - have to find it!), chocolate-dipped strawberries, and chocolate-marshmallow cookies (recipe also to follow soon).

Simply delightful!



KCK





No comments:

Post a Comment