More of my favorites...

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lucia's sea salt chocolate cookie - Cookie one of the top ten local cookies

I haven't been blogging lately, as I am sure many of you are aware of.

So here's the deal:

I just graduated from college and am now working full-time,  which is totally great, and I am really ecstatic about my new job.  I am realizing, though, which may seem completely obvious, that work takes up a lot of time!  I guess it just feels that way because I am in one place for a large portion of my day as opposed to running here and there for class / work.

As a result I have a bit lame on the hobby front.

Since work started about four weeks ago I admit that I have only baked twice, though I have cooked a few times (nothing spectacular, unfortunately).  This weekend I made white chocolate and chocolate chip cookies with kosher salt, which is the best way to make cookies.  A little sweet and a little salty - nothin' better.  I also made homemade granola, which is delicious.  I have to say that I may become a granola snob.  Now that I've had homemade I'm not sure I'll be able to go back to store-bought.

So that's that.

Today at work I decided that it would be a great night to start on Dara's list of top ten best local cookies (see my previous post).  Naturally I wanted the sea salt chocolate cookie from Lucia's.  Anything containing sea salt and chocolate / caramel has to be good.  And Lucia's adorable website would have sold me if ever I was on the fence about which cookie to try first.

And let me tell you - it is a great night to have a good cookie.  It's pouring rain, and I am cozied up under a blanket on my big comfy chair, eating (or having ate) a yummy cookie with milk, and blogging - finally.

Now on to the cookie.

Delicious.  Dark cocoa, but still sweet, not too sweet.  The sea salt is definitely noticeable.  And it's not just salty.  You can taste the sea, like the smell of the ocean, but it is not overbearing.  The cocoa is definitely stronger than the salt.  Soft but not doughy.  Just the right amount of crispiness on the edges.  Emily said, "I think it's slightly awesome."  And I would have to agree.

Also,  I just discovered this awesome new local foodie blog fresh tart.  Check it out!

Cheers!



KCK

No comments:

Post a Comment